Home » Departments » Here

Mapping & Addressing

The RDEK's GIS Technicians provide assistance with mapping questions and property addressing inquiries.

Property Addressing:

To Update or Change Current Address: to update or change your current mailing address, please email: engineeringdept@rdek.bc.ca with your new contact information.

To Get a Civic Address: The RDEK will provide a civic address, on request, for vacant properties or properties with accessory buildings if the address is required for emergency services or insurance purposes. A civic address may also be provided, prior to the issuance of a building permit, if required for the installation of utilities or delivery of materials. An application “Request for Pre addressing of Unoccupied Property” Form and a $30.00 application fee is required.


Other Mapping Related Links:

Looking for A Map?

If you've looked at the maps provided off the GIS/Mapping main page and still haven't found you're looking for, let us know and we will do our best to help. 


  • Email: engineeringdept@rdek.bc.ca
  • In the subject line write "Mapping Inquiry"
  • Include a summary of what you are looking for - be as specific as possible

The Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) provides the data for information and convenience purpose only.  This data is the property of the RDEK, and may not be published, copied, reproduced or used for any unlawful purpose.

The RDEK makes no warranties or representations concerning the validity or accuracy of the data. Use of this data without verification from original source material is at your own risk.

Contact Info:

If you have GIS or mapping related questions, email us at: engineeringdept@rdek.bc.ca

Last edited: Mon, January 15, 2018 - 2:28:08