Special events are a way for the community to come together and celebrate. Some of the most common types of events held in the East Kootenay are sporting competitions, races, concerts, festivals, and fireworks. Many of these events will require a Special Event Licence to ensure that health protection, sanitation, traffic control, and security measures are in place for the protection of persons attending the event.
A Licence is required for the following types of events held in the rural areas of the Regional District of East Kootenay at which more than 500 people are expected to be in attendance:
• public show
• commercial performance
A Licence is not required for a congregation, gathering or event that is to take place in a licensed theatre, church or other place of assembly licensed by the authority having jurisdiction for the holding of such congregation, gathering or event; in a school, gymnasium or auditorium; or at a commercial racetracks.
1. Obtain a Special Event Licence application form from the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK).
2. Refer the application and event plan to the Environmental Health Officer, RCMP and Fire Chief or Office of the Fire Commissioner for comment.
3. Submit the completed application, event plan and the $90.00 Special Event Licence application fee to Corporate Services at least 60 days prior to the event or any planned advertising of the event. This is to allow enough time for the review and approval process. The submitted application must include the original signatures of the registered owners/occupiers of the land where the event will be held and the applicant's authorized signatory.
4. Upon RDEK Board approval, the Special Event Licence must be available at the place where the Special Event is being held.
5. Any questions related to Special Event Licences can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the Bylaws page to view related Bylaws.
Last edited: Tue, June 13, 2023 - 10:17:10