Invermere Transfer Station
The Invermere Transfer Station is located at Industrial 1 Rd in Athalmer
Hours of Operation:
8:30am to 5:30pm seven days a week
(closed Christmas Day, New Years Day, Remembrance Day, Thanksgiving Day and Family Day)
Please note this site is primarily for residential users. If you have a commercial load or a large volume of waste you may be directed to the Columbia Valley Landfill. If you have questions regarding disposal or about the site please contact the Environmental Services Department at: 250-489-6900 or send email to email@example.com
Recycling at the Transfer Station
This Recycle BC Depot is for residential recycling, is open to everyone in the Columbia Valley (and beyond) and collects a much wider array of recyclables than the regional yellow bin program. CLICK HERE to view the brochure with the list of recyclables accepted at the new Depot. The recycling area has signage indicating what goes where (see the brochure for the product categories). To help make your visit to the recycling area seamless, setting up a “pre-sort” system at home can save you some time:
- One bin for paper and cardboard - this would be for everything under the “paper & cardboard products” header on the brochure
- One bin for all plastic containers and metal - this would be everything under the “metal containers and plastic containers” headers on the brochure
- One bin for the other categories - the vast majority of recyclables falls into the first two categories. The third “bin” could be for the others - which includes everything in the styrofoam, plastic bags & overwrap, flexible packaging and glass containers headers on the brochure.
- Styrofoam - There is an area for white styrofoam and a separate area for printed & coloured styrofoam. Only pure white styrofoam goes into the white totes. If your styrofoam has ANY printing or colour on it at all (even a small coloured logo), it goes in the printed/coloured tote.
- Residential Recycling - The Recycle BC program is for residential recycling only at this time.
- Yellow Bin Recycling Progam Remains and is SEPARATE - the yellow bin program is a totally separate program from the Recycle BC Depot and you will still see yellow bins around the region, including at the Columbia Valley landfill. It's important to note that we have access to different markets and the new recycling opportunities are ONLY available at the Recycle BC Depot. The materials accepted in the yellow bins has not changed - they still take only paper, cardboard, tin/aluminum cans, plastics #1-#6 (no styrofoam) and grocery bags.
Last edited: Wed, June 29, 2022 - 3:29:56