Regional Household Hazardous Waste Depots
The RDEK has year-round Household Hazardous Waste Depots at the Cranbrook Transfer Station and the Fernie Transfer Station. Any residents with any of the accepted materials listed in the Regional Household Hazards Waste Brochure can take the items free of charge to either of the transfer stations for safe disposal.
- When you arrive on site you will need to declare the type of material you are bringing to the household hazardous waste depot. The scale attendant will confirm if it is an acceptable product.
- Place the household hazardous waste on the table in front of the depot.
- The site staff have the right to refuse any material deemed unacceptable.
- Materials accepted only from residential households and not commercial products or volumes. The depot accepts retail products only purchased for household use.
- All products must be in their original container.
Regional Household Hazardous Waste Brochure
If you have any questions regarding these services please contact the Environmental Services Department at 250-489-6900 or [email protected]
Last edited: Wed, February 14, 2024 - 9:09:45