To view current Evacuation Alerts or Orders, click here.
With spring freshet on the horizon, the RDEK is encouraging residents to be prepared for seasonal spring flooding.
- Click here to view the 2021 Seasonal Flooding Preparedness Newsletter
Self-Fill Sandbag Stations Set Up:
Sandbag stations are currently located at:
- Cranbrook - Cranbrook Public Works Yard - Cobham Avenue
- Fairmont - Old Barn - Mountainside Golf Course - Fairmont Hot Springs Road
- Windermere - Windermere Fire Hall - Highway 93/95 (parking lot accessed off Wood Lane)
- Jaffray - Jaffray Community Hall – 7369 Jaffray Village Loop Rd (left of the building near pavilion)
- Hosmer – Elk River Hostel/Pub – Hwy 3 at 6th Avenue (in the lot south of the pub) **will be fully set up by end of day Friday June 4 **
- Fernie - Outside Operational Services (Public Works) yards on Railway Avenue
Users are asked to obey physical distancing and separate piles have been set up at each site to accommodate distancing
The sandbag stations have sand and sandbags. Residents need to bring their own shovels and gloves.
Sandbags should be filled ½ to ¾ full with the ends folded over for best compaction and effectiveness when placing them.
Emergency Numbers to Call:
- TO REPORT FLOODING: 1-800-663-3456
- FOREST OR WILDLAND FIRES: Cellphone: *5555 or 1-800-663-5555
- OTHER (spills, airplane crashes, landslides, avalanche): 1-800-663-3456
Other Flood-Related Links:
Last edited: Mon, June 07, 2021 - 9:00:49