To view current Evacuation Alerts or Orders, click here.
- Click here to view the 2022 Seasonal Flooding Preparedness Newsletter
Self-Fill Sandbag Stations Set Up:
Sandbag stations are currently located at:
- Fernie - Railway Ave & Ridgemont Ave (next to TJs Autobody)
- Fernie - Main Sewage Lift Stn parking lot off Mt. McLean Dr. at Mt. Trinity
- West Fernie - intersection of Riverside Dr. and McLeod Ave.
- Hosmer - empty lot south of the Elk River Inn
- Sparwood - Englemann Spruce Drive, past Mainroad Yard/Fire Hall #1
- Fairmont - Old barn by Mountainside Golf Clubhouse, Hot Springs Rd
- Cranbrook - Cobham Avenue by Public Works Yard
- Canal Flats - beside the Village Office/across from the fire hall
- Windermere Fire Hall - back parking lot
- Jaffray – beside the Community Hall
- Aqam – in the District Heat Building
- Wasa Community Hall - parking lot
The sandbag stations have sand and sandbags. Residents need to bring their own shovels and gloves.
Sandbags should be filled ½ to ¾ full with the ends folded over for best compaction and effectiveness when placing them.
Emergency Numbers to Call:
- TO REPORT FLOODING: 250-489-9677
- FOREST OR WILDLAND FIRES: Cellphone: *5555 or 1-800-663-5555
- OTHER (spills, airplane crashes, landslides, avalanche): 250-489-9677
CLEANING UP AFTER THE FLOOD:
OTHER FLOOD-RELATED RESOURCES:
Last edited: Sat, June 25, 2022 - 10:54:54