To view current Evacuation Alerts or Orders, click here.
- Click here to view the 2021 Seasonal Flooding Preparedness Newsletter
Self-Fill Sandbag Stations Set Up:
Sandbag stations are currently located at:
- Hosmer – Elk River Inn – Hwy 3 at 6th Avenue (in the lot south of the building)
- Fernie - 1350 Railway Avenue, corner of Railway Ave & Ridgemont Ave, across from TJ’s Auto Body
- Sparwood - Engelmann Spruce Drive past the Mainroad Yard and Fire Hall #1
- City of Cranbrook - next door to Public Works Yard on Cobham Avenue
The sandbag stations have sand and sandbags. Residents need to bring their own shovels and gloves.
Sandbags should be filled ½ to ¾ full with the ends folded over for best compaction and effectiveness when placing them.
Emergency Numbers to Call:
- TO REPORT FLOODING: 1-800-663-3456
- FOREST OR WILDLAND FIRES: Cellphone: *5555 or 1-800-663-5555
- OTHER (spills, airplane crashes, landslides, avalanche): 1-800-663-3456
CLEANING UP AFTER THE FLOOD:
OTHER FLOOD-RELATED RESOURCES:
Last edited: Thu, December 02, 2021 - 10:06:06