Jane Walter - Electoral Area E Director
Jane Walter was elected as the Electoral Area E Director in 2011. Area E includes the communities of Wasa, Ta Ta Creek, and Skookumchuk.
- RDEK Board of Directors
- Central Services
- Electoral Area Services
- Planning & Development Services
- Governance & Regional Services
Area E Services
- Building and Plumbing Inspection - Enforcement of BC Building and Plumbing Codes including issuance of permits and inspections; solid fuel burning appliances; moving permits; demolition permits; mobile home placements.
- Cemeteries – Wasa Columbarium (RDEK provides the land on which the columbarium is located. Local society operates and maintains.
- Columbia Basin Trust - Administration of ReDi Program.
- Discretionary Grants-in-Aid - Grants to registered non-profit organizations that benefit the communities.
- E9-1-1 - E9-1-1 service provided by Central Okanagan Regional District. Fire Dispatch Service provided by Kelowna Fire Department.
- Electoral Area Administration - Operations affecting Electoral Areas only, including GIS service, Compliance Officer and elections.
- Emergency Management Programs – Central
- Financial Administration - Administration of all RDEK financial affairs.
- Fireworks Regulation - Current regulations are to restrict the sale and disposal of fireworks when there is an open fire ban.
- Floodplain Management - Administration of floodplain regulations.
- General Administration
- House Numbering - Numbering of buildings - fees are charged to assign and reassign numbers.
- Invasive plant control enforcement program.
- Land Use Planning & Zoning - Electoral Area land use planning and development management under part 14 of the LGA.
- Libraries – Public Libraries Grants in Aid Grants to municipal libraries, public libraries, and community reading centres.
- Mosquito Control – Wasa/Ta Ta Creek/Skookumchuk
- Noise Control Regulation
- Regulation of nuisance & unsightly premises.
- Parks and trails – Avery Road Public Access, Cherry Creek Falls Regional Park, St. Mary Lake Regional Park.
- Recreation - Funding to Wasa Recreation Society for community hall, outdoor kitchen, tennis courts, outdoor ice arena, public washroom, softball fields, Wasa Lions Trail and playground.
- Solid Waste Management – Central Subregion.
- Special Events, Control of - Organizers of events at which more than 500 people are expected to attend must have a special events license issued by the RDEK.
- Treaty Advisory Committee - Administration of Treaty Advisory Committee – membership includes all RDEK municipalities and electoral areas and portions of the RDCK and RDKB.
- Water Level Control – Lazy Lake
For an over of Electoral Area E, click HERE.
Last edited: Thu, December 15, 2022 - 2:47:06