RDEK Agriculture Wildfire Preparedness Information Exchange Kicks off June 3
Agricultural producers, farmers and ranchers in the East Kootenay are encouraged to join the Agriculture Wildfire Information Exchange webinar session to prepare for the 2021 wildfire season.
Thursday, June 3rd, 2021 from 9:30 am to 11:00 am MDT
Virtual Session via Zoom
This is an interactive session to engage with the BC Wildfire Service, East Kootenay Emergency Program, and Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries.
Discussion items will include:
- The East Kootenay Emergency Program’s 2021 wildfire preparedness activities for the agriculture sector.
- The Wildfire Seasonal Outlook for 2021 – presented by the BC Wildfire Service.
- Planned BC Wildfire Service and RDEK wildfire mitigation activities and fuel treatments.
- What happens during a wildfire emergency?
- Understanding evacuation stages and temporary access permits.
- Preparing your farm/ranch/property for a wildfire emergency
To register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/spring-2021-east-kootenay-agriculture-wildfire-information-exchange-tickets-156172448999
Registrants will receive the webinar link (with telephone option) closer to the event date.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Support for this project provided by: