Stan Doehle - Electoral Area B Director
Stan Doehle was elected as the Electoral Area B Director in 2014. Area B includes the communities of Jaffray, Galloway, Elko, Baynes Lake, Kragmont, Grasmere, Newgate, and Roosville.
- RDEK Board of Directors
- Central Services
- Elk Valley Services
- Planning & Development Services
- Governance & Regional Services
- Electoral Area Services
Area B Services
- Building and Plumbing Inspection - Enforcement of BC Building and Plumbing Codes including issuance of permits and inspections; solid fuel burning appliances; moving permits; demolition permits; mobile home placements.
- Cemeteries – Baynes Lake (Agreement with Society to maintain and operate – no funding provided), Sand Creek – Jaffray (Agreement with Society to maintain and operate – no funding provided).
- Columbia Basin Trust - Administration of ReDi Program.
- Discretionary Grants-in-Aid - Grants to registered non-profit organizations that benefit the communities.
- E9-1-1 - E9-1-1 service provided by Central Okanagan Regional District. Fire Dispatch Service provided by Kelowna Fire Department.
- Electoral Area Administration - Operations affecting Electoral Areas only, including GIS service, Compliance Officer and elections.
- Emergency Management Programs – South Country
- Financial Administration - Administration of all RDEK financial affairs.
- Fire and Rescue Services – Baynes Lake, Jaffray and Area.
- Fireworks Regulation - Current regulations are to restrict the sale and disposal of fireworks when there is an open fire ban.
- Floodplain Management - Administration of floodplain regulations.
- General Administration
- House Numbering - Numbering of buildings - fees are charged to assign and reassign numbers.
- Intersection Lighting – Jaffray and area
- Invasive plant control enforcement program.
- Land Use Planning & Zoning - Electoral Area land use planning and development management under part 14 of the LGA.
- Libraries - Public Libraries Grants in Aid - Grants to municipal libraries, public libraries, and community reading centres.
- Noise Control Regulation
- Regulation of nuisance & unsightly premises.
- Parks and trails – Dawson’s Path, Rosen Lake Public Access, Waldo Cove Regional Park.
- Regional Parks – Tie Lake Reginal Park, Yaqakxaqlamki (Koocanusa Boat Launch): revenue and expenses allocated to Electoral Areas A, B and C, Cranbrook, Kimberley, Fernie, Sparwood, Elkford.
- Solid Waste Management – Central Subregion.
- Special Events, Control of - Organizers of events at which more than 500 people are expected to attend must have a special events license issued by the RDEK.
- Street Lighting – Elko, Electoral Area B Intersection Lighting
- Treaty Advisory Committee - Administration of Treaty Advisory Committee – membership includes all RDEK municipalities and electoral areas and portions of the RDCK and RDKB.
- Victim Assistance – South Country
- Water Level Control – Rosen Lake, Tie Lake.
- Water Systems – Elko (supply, treatment, and distribution).
For an overview of Electoral Area B, click HERE.
Last edited: Wed, December 14, 2022 - 3:23:21